obligatory "it's been awhile"

I think I only ever hop back onto this blog whenever I'm in a very doll-y mood, which I guess is a good thing since that means I haven't completely abandoned this blog or the hobby.

This year has been 'eh,' BJD-wise. I made a few sketches of outfits, put sewing projects on hold, and minus when I initially got Icara's clothes, I haven't taken any pictures. I think about doing things with my dolls more than actually do things with them (which I bet sucks for them, since I bet they can feel me fidgeting about and second guessing if I want to play with them or not (Sorry, guys!!))

I don't know if that will change, next year. There's the "A Doll A Week" photo event(?), which starts this week, that I want to participate in. I've also seen people making lists/databases of their dolls, and I would love to do that just to see where I'm at with my dolls (who's gone, who's here, how much have I spent, what do I even own anymore). These are getting my gears turning, but will I ever actually get up and do them?

More news at 11.

What I should do - being a student of web development - is make a personal site of all of my dolls/characters and their stories. Mostly so I don't forget things about them, but also so I don't forget some coding.
I did also have a day, or two, where I got a buddy of mine interested in making their own BJDs. It'll either continue being an idea, or maybe they've already started some drafting. (I should ask.)

On a positive note, I bought shoes for Icara! I don't know why it feels hard to shop for SD10s (or any doll for that matter. I must be out of it), but it felt like it took me ages to find him shoes that were (1) a good price, (2) weren't for SD10 girls, and (3) weren't boots. Those should be in soon, and then I'll have... three dolls with shoes? (Not counting my Pullip Dal, Gracey (who is actually missing a shoe but I would have to clean my room to find it and no thanks), and my JerryBerry, Marco (...I don't even know if Marco has shoes. I don't want to check.)) I feel like I should get Icara socks, too, but no one else has socks. I guess I could make him socks if, like, the shoes are too big, or something.

Let's be honest, I just want to spoil him.

I don't know when I'll get back into doing things for my dolls. I'm hoping either this week or next week? First, I need to do myself a favor and clean my room, so I can actually find sewing supplies and some partially nude YoSDs that I was sewing for a bit over the summer. I think I got as far as partially cutting up some fabric for one of their outfits.

Actshelly, speaking of this week, the first "ADAW" submission is this week, and it's 'Origin'. I don't know if I'll take a picture of one doll, or all of them, and put origin stories to them. And who knows if the origin stories are going to be about me obtaining them, or something set in their doll-iverse. (Maybe both?) I guess I'll take lots of pictures and the best one wins. (The rest might be dumped to Tumblr.)

But right now, though, I need to find something to do and keep busy.

Comments