So, I discovered that after a tiny spur-of-the-moment split for some nendoroid hair and faces, I could make an old would've-been BJD characterimage As my luck would have it, though, after I put the hair with some leftover faces I had and called it good, the BJD head I initially wanted for the character popped up on my Facebook. image

But nendoroid parts are considerably cheaper than BJD parts, soooo I'm totally trying to split two nendoroids and get a couple parts for 2 more nendolls!
Which brings the nendoll count to like... 4 completed, 5 waiting on bodies, 3 in progress / waiting on parts, and another 3 in the brainstorming phase (see: waiting for the face maker to update with the appropriate eyes, lol).
...I will own as many nendolls as I do BJDs and it took me NO TIME AT ALL to reach this point, in comparison, ohmygoddimage

At least I've started sewing! I have both of the Obitsu 11cm pattern books, and I'm waiting for the official Nendoll pattern book to release, so I can save some money on clothing, lol. There are also some 3D printed soles on eBay that I need to try out!



And on top of nendollsI know, it gets worse imageI may have started a layaway for a Smart Doll. I say 'may have' but I totally did. It just hasn't officially started yet.
Originally I was going to wait for Eiji in Cocoa, or even Cortex Eiji in Cocoa, but with the new wait times for the SmD boys I decided to be impatient and get Crimson. I have a few ideas for how I want him to look. My biggest desire is to include a USB "tail" for data storage and/or charging purposes.

Foolish impulses aside, I'm excited to force myself into more doll crafting! I'll probably get back into sewing once all of my nendolls have their appropriate bodies. Then I'll move up sizes 'cause I need to make at least 1 YoSD outfit, 1~3 MSD outfits, and then 2 SD outfits. And since I'm using patterns with my nendolls, hopefully that momentum will stay with me to continue using patterns and stop my awful, free-handing ways. image

Comments