the (mostly) picco neemo + nendo hybrid info dump that no one asked for

I have that feeling of buyers' regret where you want to make the most of what you purchased (while also being bummed out that your purchase ruined your chance of getting something else, but what can you do?)

So I spent my yesterday figuring out this figma / nendoroid + picco neemo hybrid business. I brought out my Black Gold Saw figma (who matches the Picco body better than Sonico), my custom (of sorts) nendoroid, and of course the Picco Neemo S body and outfit.





Going off of Hobby Search's blog post, I knew that figma heads would need no modification to be on the Picco body, while nendoroid heads were better suited for the Picco Neemo D body (but I wanted to see this combo anyway). But I didn't take figma face shapes into account...



image Her head is pretty slim? and looks smaller on the body. I did put my Killua figma head on the body (no pictures) and while his head is wider and looks a bit better, there's an awkward gap around the base of the head/neck area.

Now my nendoroid head had no support when I put it on the Picco body. The first neck peg for the Picco Neemo body (made for Azone heads) would been to be trimmed down and the second peg is too slim. But I plopped it on the body and tried my best to support it while snapping some surprisingly cute pictures!



I'm proud of the Picco body for supporting a heavy head in too big of shoes, while I was tilting the board in my lap enough for it all to be balanced so I could take a picture. image

tbh, I wasn't a fan of the nendoroid + picco hybrid when I first looked at it, but it's growing on me. I don't think I'm completely swayed from getting my nendoroid an obitsu body, though (but that hybrid is another monster). I might try to look up more figma + picco resources, but for now here's what I looked at for the nendo + picco hybrids:

[Picco Neemo + Nendoroid (Piccoroid) links: 
One for sure good thing that came out of this was that I learned Picco Neemo D shoes fit Pure Neemo XS, and are wide enough for Fairyland Pukifee feet (but the magnets in the feet aren't as strong with the shoes on and the shoes would need stuffing to fill in the shoes space, so that's a drawback):


(Pukifee vs PNXS)

But Marco officially has shoes now!! image



I'm stuck with a clothed headless body, in the mean time. (I think that's a first for me in this hobby.) I have some ideas for what I could do with it, like making them an object head or buying a head and doing something like this.

We'll see!

Comments