this was an 8am project but i thought tossing together a tutorial now would be okay

I posted  some pictures on Instagram of my doll/figure project of the day: a cu-poche & nendoroid hybrid. (I don't see a lot of people use the term 'cuporoid' / 「キューポろいど」 (also! 「キュポろいど」 or「きゅぽろいど」), unlike 'obitsuroid' /「オビツろいど」 , but it does yield results!)

The mod itself is pretty easy to do, here are the tutorials I used as reference:

When it came to separating the joints, I used an X-Acto Knife to initially get a space between them, then either used a small flat head screwdriver or my fingers to gently pull them apart.

Once I had them separated, I put them with their opposites. (The nendoroid joint (on the left) is from Nishinoya Yuu, while the cu-poche joint (on the right) is from Gourai.)
I'm assuming one of the neck joints has been updated since the tutorials have been made, because they do not fit as smoothly as they should. If you want the top pair together, you'll either need to sand down the inner peg of the nendoroid joint or widen the opening of the cu-poche joint.

If you want the bottom pair, the inner peg of the cu-poche joint has no problem fitting the nendoroid opening, but it's too small to actually work. (You can sort of see the gaps.)

I used a few small pieces of packaging plastic from a nendoroid box, placed them in between the joints, and closed the joints around them (similar to the method used here, in this video.) You could also try adding super glue to the inner peg, let it dry, and then see if that makes it big enough to fit the opening. image (Personally, I'm trying to avoid any real modding.)




After you get them fitting nicely, place the cu-poche peg in the body, add the neck/head connector to the nendoroid peg, and add the head (and any accessories)! The nendoroid head might move around a lot, so keep adding/subtracting plastic until it stops wobbling.

A post shared by Enski (@token.enski) on


I'm liking this hybrid more than I thought I would, so I might ditch getting an obitsu body for this nendoroid head and get another swim suit body. And I'm still waiting for Good Smile Company to release their doll-like nendoroid body~

Anyway, if you happen to find this and it was helpful, I'm happy that it was of use to you!!
image


Comments