DotD Clawdeen "Review" and Squee

:3 My mom dropped off my DotD Clawdeen, Lyca, yesterday. I de-boxed her and then remembered the 'warnings' about her and her outfit.

I want to get her new shoes because I, personally, hate the gold heels she comes with. 8|" I like that they're solid and will stay on, but it feels like they stay on too well (I also think they look ugly). And if you're not careful with removing them they could damage her fishnets. Her left leg already has a hole forming at the toes.
I haven't put her on her stand yet in her default outfit, but the Scream Uniform made it without any trouble. I read that the stand had caused rips at the seams with the DotD outfit, so I don't know if some of the holder-dealies were smoothed or not or if some outfit just weren't put together properly.

And then I saw her hair.
Did Mattel dunk her head in glue or something? 'Cause it felt like it.
I think some people like the style and didn't want to ruin it, so they didn't opt for the hair wash. I think washing it makes it better. I'm not sure what I was suppose to use on her hair so I pulled out some kiddie shampoo & conditioner XD Set her hair in water, shampoo'd, set her back in water, rinse, added conditioner, let her alone for like... 5min, reenacted the EEnE episode when Ed demonstrated how to be a human washing machine (Yes, I spun her like that |D" ), rinsed, and air dried.
The hair kept it's general shape and it's pretty much glue free but I was hoping that I could cover her right eye with it like in the art work.

For being my first MH doll and second girl doll, I really like her. :3 She holds her poses well and outfits aren't too difficult to put on/take off.


I really hope Mattel makes more fashion packs & extra hands (for the girls, unless they want to make extra arms for the guys). As much as I like her gloved hands, I think I'd like to actually see them. ...Or have her pointing. Or grabbing at something. Just saying. And more shoes to go with multiple outfits.






:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD HOLT COMES HOME TOMORROW. By the time he was at the sort-y place today, my postman was already here >:|" So I have to wait.


*dances*

Comments