ADAW 2k15 - "Arch"

This is late, but I finally figured out how to work with the theme. I have a better idea on how I want to tackle this week's theme, so hopefully nothing comes up to derail my plans.

:v But now, about Topher & Dez, my Soom Afi & B&G Eli-Imp!




The doll-verse that Topher and Dez are part of had some development, until I realized that the amount of dolls I wanted was a lot and expensive. So instead of getting everyone, I tried to focus on the smaller/younger characters. (The 'verse itself is still in the works.)
...And then I bought a couple more dolls and shoved them in. And then I thought about adding another doll into the group (because late nights on the DoA MP make you want everything) and even wrote them into it, but thankfully they're not major enough that I need them. Still, there's one more doll that I sorta-kinda-would-really-like-to-have to make them complete.
Because that's the guy who keeps Tohper and Dez in line.

Anyway.

Character-wise, Dez was first (as far as I can remember). He's like, the manifestation of another character's (Vergil 'Venus' Adrom) conscience - because if he wasn't going to listen to someone experienced, he might listen to a tiny, devilish representation of himself.
And then Topher (who was Venny Venus back then), also came from this same character, but ended up becoming the adopted child of Vergil's "mentors"/associates (Neptune Hedzen & Jupiter Madlin). I think Topher was the manifestation of the tiny amount of Vergil that wanted to learn from them, or some nonsense.

Honestly, I really just wanted cute dolls, and I would make up as many excuses as I needed to convince myself to get them. (It also doesn't help that Soom Afi became my grail doll.)

(...Now that I think of it, both of them were oddly difficult to get.)

There was a chunk of time when Topher & Dez were cool with each other, but because of who they were hanging around with, that died quickly and they started to annoy each other. It's pretty much the only thing about their characters that I don't think I could change, even if I tried.



They know how to be civil, though, so it's not all bad.

Comments