ADAW 2k15 - "Fire"

After struggling to figure out who this week's doll would be, and how I would photograph them, I finally figured out the most obvious (?) choice at 2:25am. 
This week's doll is Hephaestus, my MNF Chloe!

  Originally, I had planned to take pictures of either Tiresias or Eddy, but Hephaestus is named after the Greek God of Fire and Metalwork, and I don't know why I didn't think of her first, but I'm glad I went with her.

Hephaestus "Phae" Canvle was one of my impulse buys, back when I could actually do that. She was part of this huge cast of Greek themed/inspired MNFs, because I was in love with Troy, binge read Hector/Paris fic, and was pretty fixated on this Oedipus Rex movie I watched in high school, where the actors wore these super cool masks (and Tiresias had a bird/plague doctor mask and aaaaaaaaa ♥ so great! /o/ )
Anyway, a running gag (I guess) with these characters was that they all knew they were named after Greek Gods or people, so they would say that they were the reincarnations of them, and they would always bring up their past lives as gods or royalty.

Even though I don't have all of the characters, I do have three of them - Phae, Tiresias, and Pompeyo. Phae does metal work, Tiresias is still a blind prophet, and Pompeyo fills the role of the "young boy" that leads Tiresias everywhere.

 

[Kneeling: Tiresias, Standing: Pompeyo, Laying down: Phae]

I could have waited until morning to take pictures, but we just finished up a party here and who knows when I'll actually wake up. \o/ But it was nice getting more dolls out and taking a few pictures.

Besides, being up in the late night/early morning can lead to things like this:
 

:v Next week is "Shatter." I think I have a vague idea of what I want to do, but who knows if it's gonna stick around.

Comments