ADAW 2k15 - "Origin"

I figured I could write about my "ADAW" adventures (and get some real use out of this blog for the new year).

I think I'll be uploading a picture to Flickr, cross-posting it to Tumblr (with additional content?), and then talking about everything and anything that happened during it here.

So let's talk about Tepi, my Pipos Bao!

Tepi, or Tep, was the first doll I bought when I got into the BJD hobby. I think I can safely say that I also bought his character, too? The doll, his name, and props, where included in the sales post, and no one stopped me from using his name! But, I love his character (although it wasn't expanded much on), and I adore the doll, so I might as well try and pick up where the original owner left off?

I guess I'll look at it that way.

Most of his background is in this dA post, and over the years I've sort of been running with it? Although I haven't done much with his character, other than see him as a tomb raider/treasure hunter. I guess after... 5~6 years (geez) I must be waiting for some sort of inspiration to hit.

Anyway, for the picture I wanted to try and incorporate where I live compared to where Tepi live(s/d)? So I had taken this shot: 




And then tried to take a picture of him looking over at my tablet:
 

Which did not work and we basically stood outside, in the cold, for nothing.

I moved us inside, which was a bit better. I even managed to get some sort of neat display going on (it is boring but I'm really bad with displays/props):
 

Buuuut most of that didn't matter!

Still, that was pretty fun. I got out Tep's box and looked at all of the stuff he came with, and holycow I didn't remember some of it.

If I hadn't taken Tep's picture, then I would have taken Icara's picture (he also got new shoes, today!!) They're both practically my first dolls (Although Tep was first-first, and Icara didn't get a body until waaay later), so they would have still gone with the "Origin" theme.

Well, I guess that's it for now. Next week is "Fire" and who knows what I'll do for that...

Comments