drive is low, but motivation is on the rise

I haven't taken pictures for some weeks. :/ I got stuck on one of the prompts ('Math') and my drive took a nosedive. My birthday is coming up, so maybe I should take a bunch of pictures as one of many gifts to myself.
I also haven't been making time to write about each prompt/shoot, but that's because I take some of the photos at godawful hours, and I don't want to make time to write. :")

Lately I've been thinking (more) about getting Doll Chateau dolls. I added Douglas to my wish list (My wish list is really becoming a list of doll "face claims" for characters in stories I'll hardly/never write), and I started making plans to dye Agatha, Charles, and Douglas for characters (since they're part of Marco's story, and needed to be fleshed out). I was also wanting the Douglas sculpt as a doll that I could dress in anything (which ties in with their character), because I have this "thing" about wanting to have a, as I call it, personal doll.

I can't recall when, or why, I wanted a doll to basically be a reflection of myself that I could tote around everywhere, but I know what the first doll that I wanted to be my personal doll - a MNF Rheia. But after awhile I wasn't feeling the sculpt, and I tried incorporating it into doll stories and stuff, so that probably didn't help, haha.
But it's a thing that gets to me - wanting a doll with "no strings attached" and I can actually, sorta, view as a doll (AKA nonstop dress up with an endless wardrobe).

Now I think I found a doll that could fit that role better than DC Douglas. I found a Soom Rosette Phlox in dark skin/tan with CLAMP long legs (AKA on the Pure body. But, honestly, the Pure body reminds me of CLAMP's style) and I'm pretty down for this doll. I'm seeing if I can swing for it with birthday money. :y This is pretty good, I think, because Phlox is a bit cheaper than the DC dolls and already comes in tan (and I have been craving tan DC dolls for whatever reason). The only "bad" thing is that Phlox doesn't have bigger hips, pfft. But that's something I can get over.
I even drew pictures of them, and I haven't really drawn anything since... Sometime in mid-2014? It's been awhile.

Not like I need more dolls, especially since I pre-ordered that ABS Kinoko Juice. But just thinking of this doll is giving me some creative motivation, so maybe it's a good sign? Who knows.

If/When I ever get around to getting the DC dolls, and Doll Chateau hasn't released tan resin by then, dying them is going to be a hoot. I want them all to be tan, but have no idea about dying their hands/fingers. I haven't even found a tutorial on restringing their hands.

I'm getting that 'new/incoming doll' hype. I missed this feeling.

Comments