Incoming doll, incoming Tibetan lamb fur, would have incoming shoes, but sliMSDs are such a pain to shop around for (Taobao came up with nothing reasonably sized, so eBay is sort of my only option (I know there's Etsy, but I want too much from too many Etsy stores, lol). I'm really digging the '17" Tonner Matt' shoes even though they're kind of big-ish. I get very particular about doll shoes, apparently).

In the mean time, I'm going to be camping out on DreamSelfy and getting clothing ideas. And maybe sometime this week I'll actually start sewing? (I say this, but will it ever actually happen?) I kind of have to do some room cleaning, so if I can unearth my fabric and sewing tools, then I can make a mess of my living room - but at least I'll be doing something productive.
Honestly, I can't wait to start using the lamb fur (Is it the same as mohair, or is mohair different?) I really like making wigs for my dolls, since I feel decent at it. ;P I did find a pattern for the fur that I'd like to try out, especially since I've never used a pattern before! Also, since the fur is supposed to respond like human hair, I want to see what it can do when I put it in twists. (I still have dreadlock/twist product so maybe that'll help.)
I think I'll make a wig for Rich (incoming Soom Rosette Phlox) first, and if that goes well, then I'll make a wig for Pompeyo (MNF Seorin). I bought a bunch of black, and then a caramel brown? and light/electric-ish blue (and maybe another color, I don't remember).

Rich might be (see: should be) getting a name change once I get them. Right now, their name is more of a joke, and it's because "I'm broke all of the time." They're gonna be my personal doll/dollsona, so they'll be sitting at my computer, typing away on their laptop while wearing cute stuff.


I've also been thinking about doll photography a lot? Maybe I just have a strange thought process going, but I feel like I see three types of doll pictures: There's "taking a picture of your doll," "capturing a picture of your doll," and something in between. I guess the difference is if the viewer feels like the picture caught the doll in a moment and, I guess, radiates some sort of feeling. If that even makes sense.
It could be based on skill level, the type of camera, image editing, lighting... Anything.
IDK, right now this is just a weird sort of realization on my part. It really doesn't mean anything. I try to take the best pictures that I can, with what I have, personally. I think I used to be more picky about it, but for now, I've kind of settled down. If I can't meet my weirdly high standards about doll photos, then I have to be cool with what I can do.

but it's whatever. :u hobbies do weird things to people.

Comments