Non-Native Naming

Naming dolls with names/words from other languages can be tough. Especially when the only experience you have with that language is that you've seen it before and heard it .__. And at the moment, I'm at war with the Korean language. It stumps me XD"

I've pretty much decided on getting a Loongsoul Doll Jingling in the future and I wanted to give him a Korean name. I thought 'skylark' would be cool, so I tried looking for it. ...Now extend a general search time to about an hour and a half :'D
Because the first website I tried only had characters, I had to check Answers.com and also the Wikitionary (I was checking at work and this morning at home, and the work computers don't support characters :/) Then I had to find a Romanized Korean site to get a grasp on what I was looking at 8D" So in the end, I got 종다리  『조류』 (Jongdari) which means skylark; a lark in Korean. So we're going to call him 다리 (Dari) for short XD" But I have to figure out what that means now >3>


And while I was looking that up, I also found the (old) Italian for lark/uproar/ (practically) mass hysteria (I got confirmation from an Italian friend in class today <33). It's cagnara, and I'm thinking of using that for my imaginary Soom Amber Boy XDD Because as much as I would want to buy an Amber head and desired parts and then look for a male body that would fit it, something tells me that I, nor my paycheck, would want to make the journey anytime soon ^^" But I will when I'm ready.


uuggghhhzzzz D: I need to start writing stories soon before my mind gets clogged with ideas.


- Enski

Comments